Hello everyone, I’m Alex and my job is to help you get the most out of your data!
Have you got a list of genes and would like to find out more about them, such as what pathways etc they are involved in, but don’t know where to start? Take a look at my what to do with your gene list page!
Looking to find and/or explore cancer data but don’t really know where to start? Take a look at my cancer research resources page!
Are you wanting to learn about certain bioinformatic techniques/processes or how to code? Check out my learning materials and courses page!.
Here’s a list of things that I can help you with. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, if you would like help with anything not listed here, please contact me (GibbsA@cardiff.ac.uk):
- Download and analyse public data.
- Find information on your favourite gene(s).
- Learn how to use R/Python/Linux.
- Learn bioinformatic concepts.
- Show you how to use softwares/apps.
- Help you create publication-quality images.
- Help you upload your published sequencing data to public repositories.